Monday, July 13, 2009

Keeping your memories fresh

I have been going online to search for places and question that offer up memories. How to create the keepsakes of our loved ones life. What they liked, disliked, first kiss, first love. Something that can be talked about at all those family reunions. Well to start the ball rolling. I like to dance. Okay, I love to dance. Dislike well, any green veggie. My first kiss was with Teddy R. I was in 1st grade. My first love was Lenny. High school crush. I drove him crazy.
Somethings I remember about my family members who have gone from the earth are:
Grandma Green. She was an amazing women. She took care of her two brothers her whole life. They gave her a home with her 5 children and she took care of them. One of my very clear memories of her was as she spoke. It was like she had a song in her voice. So soft and gentle. Also there was a twinkle in her eyes.

One of my favorite memories was with my dad playing chess. I was close to winning and he called some strange rule. I still have never heard if again. Which with that he said he won. He had only two pieces on the board and I had 8 and he was in a corner. Anyways we both laughed about it.

I would love to hear about your memories......

No comments:

Post a Comment